Sunday, April 15, 2012

Retired in Ann Arbor: Zingerman's

The other morning, I had a couple of hours to kill, and was dying for a really good cup of coffe and an authentic bagel.

Here in Ann Arbor, we are lucky to have the original Zingerman's Delicatessen-- which gets very well-deserved epic reviews in the worldwide press, and also has some epic lines during weekends and lunch hours.

Fortunately, when you live here in Ann Arbor, you can take advantage of some of the less popular hours, like I did when I arrived at 9 AM on a Friday morning, to no line whatsoever!

Did you know that they are open every day from 7 AM to 10 PM?  (No more excuses that the lines are too long..)

I found a nice sunny table at the Zingerman's Next Door-- which was nicely hopping at this time, and settled in with my bagel, coffee and NY Times.  What a life!

Beautiful cakes for great memories
Check out their timeline to track important events from 1902 until the present.  After reading about some of their awards, you'll understand another reason why so many people are jealous of us who are retired in Ann Arbor.

Nice outdoor seating when it's not quite so chilly!

My favorite olive oil selection in the world

I challenge you to want a cheese they don't have--
not sure what you want?  Ask for a taste and a recommendation.




No comments:

Post a Comment