Monday, November 14, 2011

Best breakfast in Ann Arbor-- Cafe' Zola

I recently have had the opportunity to breakfast with my friends at my favorite Ann Arbor restaurant:  Cafe Zola.
 Ann Arbor has such a wonderful selection of places to eat, that choosing one as my favorite was difficult-- but Zola's is the place where I return again and again.

My favorite is Hediye's breakfast-- a fantastic combination of eggs scrambled with asparagus, mushrooms, scallions, carmelized onions, herbs and havarti cheese, on a Zingerman's bagel. ( If that doesn't sound like a heavenly breakfast to you, check out the menu--  there is something there for everyone.)  Served with a slice of tomato and some olives, it makes the perfect meal.
And keep an eye out for a small feisty woman, smiling and greeting her customers-- and you might just meet Hediye.

I have also enjoyed the time I have spent by myself, at one of the bar seats, with a latte and the New York Times.  It's a great place to watch the movers and shakers of Ann Arbor meet each other, and even occasionally make a deal.

I love the European feel of Zola's, and it's not uncommon to watch friends meet and celebrate events known only to each other, with a nice glass of champagne (sold by the glass) at breakfast.

Zola's is also one of the most romantic dinner destinations, but more about that in a later post!

Once I overheard a customer ask one of the barristas how she was doing with her French instruction, before her term in France.  She commented that Zola's was a perfect place to work, as the language spoken in the kitchen, was French.

What more is there to say?

Bon appetit--   see you there?

1 comment:

  1. The roasted vegetable salad is my favorite for lunch. I also love Cafe Zola. Enjoying your posts.

    ReplyDelete