Saturday, November 19, 2011

Ann Arbor Farmer's Market


This morning we made our pre-Thanksgiving trip to Farmer's Market.  I go thinking about dinner on Thursday, and check out the vegetables and decorations that I will be back to buy at Wednesday morning's market, because I don't have to work on Wednesday--  (why?  because I'm RETIRED IN ANN ARBOR).  :)

There were many beautiful arrangements-- I really hope the one with feathers is still there when I return.

We got some beautiful broccoli ($3) and a piece of smoked whitefish, and then I got distracted by the selections of items that would make great Christmas gifts!

It got me thinking that it would be cool to feature an original or quirky local product or shop every day from Black Friday (Nov 25) through Christmas Eve.  By my count, that's 30 posts in 30 days.  Do you think I can do it?

For foodies and gardeners with nothing to do!










I think so, but to see if I'm successful, go to the right column of this blog and sign up to follow by e-mail-- and you will get everyday's post-- or follow by Facebook.

For an early peek of what I'm thinking, here are some ideas from today's market:
Cool toy trucks NOT MADE IN CHINA for $19



Different sizes, different prices

Ann Arbor animal t-shirts from toddler to adult sizes: $10
Little kid's long sleeves-- $12



Pillow covers created by a local artist:  $13-$15
My favorite Santas-- hand painted

Thanks for buying local!

Beautiful handmade cutting boards-- the oval one is $28




















1 comment:

  1. Thanks so much for including me in this awesome post! I love being next to my friend Victoria Fox here, too!

    ReplyDelete