Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Retired in Ann Arbor: Great Lakes Coffee and Chocolate

Need a little pick-me-up?  A break from the boredom?  A break from the pressure?  A place to read your paper in peace?  A place to work on the next chapter of your book?  A place to regroup and plan (for your retirement in Ann Arbor)?

I've been hanging out at coffee bars as long as they have been around (and actually before they were around-- and believe me, they are a big improvement over a Coney Island).   My favorite for the last couple of years is Great Lakes Chocolate and Coffee.

It's clean, sunny, and cheerful-- and the coffee and chocolate are about as close to perfection as you can get.


  • Every Monday is free extra shot day.  
  • Free sample of chocolate the first time you visit

They have earned fame for their Great Lakes mocha-- (made from real chocolate-- not powder or syrup)-- and it comes your choice of milk or dark chocolate.

Check it out the next time you're in the vicinity of Jackson Road and I-94-- or better yet, make up an excuse and go.

Maybe I'll see you there!


No comments:

Post a Comment