Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Day 1 of 2 at Hollander's school of book and paper arts

I'm back to my favorite class on collage at Hollander's in Kerrytown.  It is rather exhausting for me due to my innate left-brainness, but it is also exhilarating to get out of my comfort zone in such a comfortable and supportive environment.   Hopefully I'll end up with at least one piece of art that I can share without too much embarrassment!
Which side of the brain dominates your life?  If you are curious, take this free quiz offered by the Art Institute of Vancouver.




Work tables at lunch time
One of the fun (and important) parts of retirement is to get out of your routine and try something new-- so a couple of years ago I thought I would try a class that was the furthest away from anything I had taken in my life:  art.  I was truly an art virgin the first day I walked down the stairs from Hollander's store into the studio.  What was going through my head?  Oh, I am so excited to be trying this?
More like:  "WHAT AM I DOING HERE??  AM I CRAZY???"  (yes, I was screaming in my own head.)  But my previous try at something new was taking Learn to Row--  (more about that next spring), which was also very fun and exciting, but I reassured myself that at least in an art class, one can't drown.
So anyway, now I sign up every time this class is taught, so it was a success.
Also, Hollander's is one of my favorite stores in Ann Arbor-- they also offer cooking classes, of which 'moi' is one of the guest cooks in November.  Stay tuned for more about that!  

No comments:

Post a Comment